23 June 2009



Hi. I've just started this blog today. In fact its high time I got down to something that been long overdue. I used to have a column entitled "Between the Kettle and the Pot" wherein I discussed many current issues pertaining to Shillong, Meghalaya and North East India published in the Meghalaya Guardian



The monsoons are late this year and from is on the news India's economy is apprehensive. For us here in Shillong the main concern is the level of Umiam Lake and the irritating prospect of intermittent load shedding.



At home we are going through a medical crises since our third daughter Nathalene is fighting "pancreatitis" in Woodlands Hospital. Two years age she gave birth to my first grandchild, a girl fighting this disease. I am glad for the small mercies God gives us and I am asking for strength.



Apart from this, there is also good news is also. I joined the Meghalaya State Law Commission again as Vice Chairman for the third time. We have a stupendous task ahead of us given the peculiar nature of our laws within the existing India Legal system. I intend to put in my bit especially in the light of the abuses and injustice against women and children, the consistent void between rich and poor and the inconsistency in implementing and applying the law.



The case of the recent jailbreak by the notorious Fullmoon Dhar and the allegations of complicated and overlapping nexus between criminals and politicians is a case in point. You can read more of this and the public outcry on this link-http://theshillongtimes.com/



It's already late evening. I' ll be posting my thoughts on many issues. Please feel free to object or support. For friends who have logged on for the first time and are not familiar with this part of the world log on this feed to learn more-http://www.meghalaya.nic.in/



Regards,



Erwin

No comments: